About the game Edit
As a young Flicker, the player must collect various objects and interact with an eccentric cast of dragon and human characters in order to solve puzzles. The player's overall quest is to become a dragon knight to compete in the grand tournament and win the heart of Princess Flame. However, the player discovers an evil human plot to take over the kingdom by kidnapping the princess. As is the case with many other graphic adventure games, the player can never die in the game or reach a point in the game where a puzzle cannot be solved.
- The evil Sir George and his wizard companion Mervin are plotting to conquer the kingdom of Camelot and exterminate the dragons. After Sir George's failed siege against Camelhot, he declares his ally, the Black Dragon to win an upcoming dragon tournament the winner of whom shall be married to Flame and become the new king.
- A young inventor named Flicker wishes to marry King All-Fire's daughter Flame, but he is rejected due to lack of knighthood. While rescuing King All-Fire's knights from their investigation of Black Dragon, he finds this Black Dragon is a mechanical dragon, then sabotages it. Sir Loungealot takes Flicker as a squire, but takes credit for Flicker's victory on the Black Dragon, prompting Flame to leave the castle, only to be kidnapped by Sir George and Mervin.
- The King's Chancellor is secretly working for Sir George and steals Flicker's invention so Sir George can build a more powerful mechanical dragon. To prevent the King from noticing Flame's absence, Flicker has the court jester Trivet impersonate her.
- Flicker infiltrates Castle Grim disguised as Sir George, releases Flame and gets the new mechanical dragon destroyed. By the time Flicker return to Camelhot, his deception is exposed and Flicker has to rescue the King's knights to earn his respect.
- The next day, Flicker proves his worth at the Cave of Dilemma gaining his knighthood in time for the dragon tournament. Flicker makes it to the final, defeating Sir Loungealot, but then Sir George and Mervin invade with a newer Black Dragon. Flicker destroys the mechanical dragon once again. Mervin accidentally causes Sir George to fuse with the Black Dragon, transforming into the Black Dragon III. Sir George swallows Flicker, Mervin and King All-Fire, but Flicker cuts off the machine's power supply, causing the machine to be destroyed, reverting Sir George back to his human form and the machine lands on the Chancellor.
- King All-Fire asks Flicker to marry his daughter as he secretly always wanted him, before he gained knighthood. Flick happily accepts the request.
When was it invented Edit
This game came out on October 31st, 1996.